Elemental Wellness Studio Rules and Safety Guidelines
- Float Therapy
- Cold Water Therapy
- Breathwork Classes
Float Therapy Rules and Safety Guidelines
Before part taking in a sensory deprivation (Float) experience please review the following:
- I do not have a fear of enclosed spaces, anxiety provoking disorders or suffer from claustrophobia;
- I am not taking any medication or receiving medical treatment. If I am taking any medication or receiving any treatment, I have consulted a doctor and received clearance to use the Float Tank;
- I do not have a communicable illness or skin disorder and do not currently exhibit any open wounds, sores, cuts, lacerations or rashes nor do I have any bandages on my person;
- I have not be administered an injection through a needle or syringe, whether by myself or a medical professional in the last ten (10) days;
- I do not suffer from any uncontrolled medical conditions which may result in: fainting/seizing/narcolepsy or cardiac arrest;
- I have not used hair dye or coloured my hair in the last ten (10) days; (if hair dye or any other act on my behalf contaminates the float tank water resulting in the tank needing to be drained and refilled I agree to pay $1500 to refill the tank)
- I understand that the float tank has a high salt (magnesium sulfate) content and it is my responsibility to educate myself on how this may effect my person, including any hair treatments, hair extensions or any other condition.
- I am not pregnant. If I am pregnant, I confirm that a doctor has cleared me to use the Float Tank;
- I am continent of bowl and bladder;
- I am capable of entering and exiting the Float Tank on my own and without the assistance of any aid whether from a device, individual or otherwise. If I am not capable I understand the risks involved.
- I am over 18 years of age;
- I am free from all illnesses, injuries and defects that could interfere with my safe participation in any of the above Activities.
- I am physically fit and sufficiently healthy to partake in those Activities listed above that I intend to participate in;
- have read all the rules and warnings associated with the activities the company offers.
- I am free of any alcohol and/or in use of any drugs/substances/medication that may affect my perception or ability in any way to safely participate in the Activities
Sauna Therapy Warnings and Safety Guidelines:
If you answered Yes to any of these questions it is not recommended that you use the sauna at this time. We suggest that you consult your Primary Health Care Physician to obtain a release form in order to utilize the Sauna
- Are you pregnant?
- Do you currently have a fever, infection or injury?
- Have you recently had high blood pressure, a heart attack or other cardiovascular problem?
- Do you have a history of dizziness, fainting spells, heat sensitivity, narcolepsy or seizures?
- Do you suffer from any bleeding disorders?
- Have you been diagnosed with any medical condition, such anhidrosis, that may limit or prevent your ability to sweat?
- Do you have unstable angina?
- Have you had a recent heart attack?
- Do you have a severe arterial disease?
General Rules for Sauna Use
- If you have a medical condition or are on any medications you should speak to your doctor or health care profession for consent to use the Sauna.
- The use of drugs, medications, or alcohol prior to or during the sauna session may lead to dizziness or unconsciousness.
- No one under the age of 18 is permitted in the sauna unless accompanied by a supervising adult.
- Older patients should consult their physician before using the sauna
- Discontinue the use of the sauna if you feel light-headed, dizzy or heat exhausted.
- Please consult your physician if you are in doubt regarding your ability to use the sauna for health reasons.
- Water bottles are not permitted in the sauna
- Clients using any medications must consult a physician or pharmacist prior to use of the sauna.
- Pregnant women should consult their physician prior to use of the sauna. Excessive body temperatures have a potential for causing fetal damage during the early days of pregnancy.
- The use of any electronic device in the sauna is at your own risk. Elemental Wellness Studio is not liable for any damage due to heat exposure.
Cold Water Therapy Disclaimer
- Your participation in cold water immersion carries medical risks, including accelerated and irregular heartbeat.
- All forms of cold exposure result in vasoconstriction, a closure of the blood vessels in the fingers, hands, arms, toes, feet, and legs.
- Cold water immersion is a particularly powerful method for inducing cold water shock, thereby activating the autonomic nervous system to induce physiological responses, including: thermogenesis, brown fat recruitment, endocrine activation (including thyroid stimulation and norepinephrine production), and accelerated breath rate.
- Additionally, cold water immersion typically creates panic response that elevates physiological and psychological markers of stress. If you have a history of, or suspect, heart abnormalities, you must consult with your physician prior to participating in cold water immersion.
- Never plunge face down in cold water.Immersion of the face (including nose and mouth) interrupts breath, which is the most important mechanism of parasympathetic control, and may result in a dangerous condition called “autonomic conflict” resulting in heart arrhythmia and possible death.
- You enter the Ice Bath at your own risk. Your participation in cold water immersion requires that you understand and agree to the following:
- Your participation is voluntary.
- You may exit the cold water at any time.
- You accept personal responsibility for your experience.
- You have been informed of and assume all risk of injury, including serious injury, personal trauma, or death and have agreed to our waiver.
Elemental Rhtyhm Breathwork Guidelines and Safety Disclaimer
A report from 2013 documented the results of 11,000 people over 12 years who participated in a certain
type of intense breathwork sessions experienced no negative effects. In addition to the many benefits that
were observed, no adverse reactions were reported. This makes breathwork a low-risk modality.
In fact, there have been NO reported cases in the research or literature of any reported incidents of things
like strokes, heart attacks, etc. happening from breathwork.
Advanced Breathwork has the potential to bring about intense feelings. Because of the strong physical
and emotional releases that may arise, it’s not recommended for some people. Please talk to your doctor
before practicing this type of breathing.
General Safety Tips
Whenever practicing breathwork, it is important to be situated in a safe environment. In some cases you
may experience dizziness or feel light headed, in some cases – although rare – you may lose
consciousness. Therefore we recommend lying on the floor or in an area that you will not hurt yourself if
you fall. It is also important that you never perform while driving, in water (drowning can occur) on in any
situation that passing out could harm yourself or others.
Terms and Conditions – Disclaimer & Release of Liability
Through my participation in this class I hereby acknowledge that I understand any potential risks of
taking this breathwork class, workshop and/or course. It may cause without limitation the loss of
consciousness, dizziness, lightheadedness, tetany, and tingling sensations which all can pose a danger
to my health and well-being especially when unsupervised.
I acknowledge that I will ensure my own proper supervision, monitoring and/or safeguards, when
practicing at home and release and forever discharge Elemental Wellness Studio (2571096 Ontario Ltd),
all of its employees, associates, directors, breathwork facilitators and Giovanni Bartolomeo from all
actions, causes of action, damages, claims, and demands whatsoever arising out of the participation in
the breathwork course.
Breathwork is not advised for persons with a history of cardiovascular disease, including angina or heart
attack, high blood pressure, glaucoma, retinal detachment, osteoporosis, significant recent physical
injuries or surgery without first speaking with a medical professional.
Breathwork is not advised for persons with severe mental illness or seizure disorders or for persons using
major medications. It is also unsuitable for anyone with a personal or family history of aneurysms.
Pregnant women are advised against practicing breathwork without first consulting and getting approval
from their primary care physician. Persons with asthma should have their inhaler present at all times and
consult with their primary care physician.